8 Essentials for Automated DevSecOps Compliance
In the last decade, there has been an increasing focus on compliance and security. As a result, regulatory bodies have established severe penalties for non-compliance. Consequently, organizations put together compliance frameworks that are pertinent to their industry. To support such frameworks, security tool vendors have developed solutions to help these organizations easily automate security compliance. Following is a set of best practices that an organization can implement to help in their security compliance journey
- Clear objectives: Ensure that all key stakeholders such as development, product security, and compliance teams are aligned.
- Define policies: Be clear and specific on the security policies in order to be compliant.
- Document these policies: One key aspect of audit is documentation. Therefore documenting the policies is extremely important.
- Document procedure: Clearly outline how you implement your security policies.
- Vulnerability management: Make sure you have the right VM controls in place that can detect vulnerabilities and provide clear remediation guidelines and steps.
- Continuous monitoring: To ensure continuous compliance, continuous monitoring is necessary so that you can stay ahead of any compliance requirements.
- Change Control: Ensure that proper privilege access controls are in place.
- Data Encryption: Most compliance frameworks require data to be encrypted at rest and in transit.
Getting started on these eight best practices can ensure that organizations have a compliance framework that will help them to prepare and pass your audits.
With the Rezilion platform, you can automate your DevSecOps environment (CI, Stage, and production) and ensure that you are ready for your audits with controls that help you provide proof of security. Some key benefits of the Rezilion platform include:
- Reducing patching efforts by 85%, allowing organizations to be compliant quicker
- Reducing the focus on false positives by only remediating vulnerabilities and weaknesses that are exploitable
- Remediation and mitigation controls that ensure a compliant security posture
- Continuous monitoring
- Real-time and dynamic view of your software inventory including thirty parties, OSS, and COTS through our dynamic SBOM
- Automatic enforcement of security policies
- Know your true attack surface after filtering out unloaded packages. This allows you to decrease your scope for audits and be compliant.
Rezilion’s Dynamic SBOM is a great tool to drive your compliance efforts. To read more about how automating DevSecOps enables automated compliance, please download the white paper here.
Rezilion’s Dynamic SBOM is available now, free-of-charge for use, in CI environments such as GitLab, Jenkins, and CircleCI. For more information, visit Rezilion’s Dynamic SBOM page and to sign up for a free 30-day trial.